By Ian Dr Morton;Judith M. Hall;I. K. Morton
Read Online or Download Concise Dictionary of Pharmacological Agents: Properties and Synonyms PDF
Best pharmacology books
Pharmacology, 4th version is helping you grasp the "must-know" innovations during this topic and the way they practice to daily scientific challenge fixing and selection making. This concise but complete textual content sincerely explains and illustrates not easy ideas and is helping you keep the material - from direction checks and the USMLE Step 1 all over to scientific practice.
• speedy reference crucial details due to ample tables all through, and drug class containers in the beginning of every chapter.
• See how pharmacology applies to perform with real-world case studies.
• arrange for assessments with self-assessment questions on the finish of every chapter.
• comprehend complicated innovations visually via fabulous full-color illustrations.
• entry the full contents on-line at www. studentconsult. com, besides an extra thesaurus, chapter-by-chapter summaries and case reviews, a whole checklist of featured medicinal drugs, a hundred and fifty USMLE-style questions, animations, and more.
• research the most recent pharmacologic mechanisms and functions with new and up-to-date drug info throughout.
• pay attention to new "off label" makes use of, together with vital FDA regulations.
Lithium, the remedy of selection for mania considering the fact that its usefulness was once first mentioned, has been proven to have diverse results on a number of organic structures, together with electrolyte flux and neurochemistry. fresh advances in mobile and molecular biology promise to supply clinicians with a greater figuring out of the etiology of bipolar illness and new thoughts for remedy.
- Managing the drug discovery process: how to make it more efficient and cost-effective
- The Gale Encyclopedia of Science. Lacewings - Pharmacogenetics
- Computational Toxicology: Volume I
- The Pharmacology of Alcohol Abuse
Extra resources for Concise Dictionary of Pharmacological Agents: Properties and Synonyms
1995) Dyslipidemias in patients with diabetes mellitus: classification and risks and benefits of therapy. , 15, 317-337. e. they may not lower blood pressure in normotensive subjects). Hypertension is an elevation of arterial blood pressure above the normal range expected in a particular age group, sex etc. It can have several different causes, which to some extent determine the treatment. Above certain values, after making lifestyle corrections, intervention with drug therapy may reduce the risk of heart attacks, kidney failure or a stroke, and may help in the treatment of angina pectoris.
5-bromotryptophan, cetiedil, tucaresol, cyanates, cystamine, glyceraldehyde and velaresol. R. (1984) The treatment of sickle cell disease. A historical and chronological literature review of the therapies applied since 1910. Trop. Geogr. Med, 36, S1-26. R. (1993) Sickle cell disease: recent advances. Curr. Probl. , 23,219-29. W. et al. (1996) Clinical Pharmacology for Pediatricians. II. Antisickling agents, with special reference to new vasoerythroactive drugs. / CHn. ,22, 1-13. g. in the intestine, bladder and airways.
Et al. (1991) Treating serum lipid abnormalities in highpriority patients. Postgrad. , 89, 93-96. M. (1992) Cholesterol-lowering drugs as cardioprotective agents. Am. J. , 70, 271-321. Schmitz, G. et al. (1994) Lipid-lowering therapy - implications for the prevention of atherosclerosis. Basic. Res. , 89 S. 1,185-198. C. (1995) Dyslipidemias in patients with diabetes mellitus: classification and risks and benefits of therapy. , 15, 317-337. e. they may not lower blood pressure in normotensive subjects).